Free Tutoring Opportunities - at Bishop Luers and beyond
1. Study Tables are available daily before and after school at Bishop Luers High School
- Before School: 7-7:45 a.m. in Room 262 - Tuesday through Friday
- After School: 2:45-3:30 p.m. in Room 230 - Monday through Thursday
Teachers are also available to meet with students before and after school by appointment.
2. Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology's Homework Hotline
provides toll-free math and science homework help to Indiana students in grades 6-12. Tutors are available Sunday through Thursday from 7-10 p.m. Call toll free at 1-877-ASK-ROSE. Ask Rose
3. EOC (Educational Opportunity Center), located at 3000 S. Wayne Ave. offers free after school tutoring for students in second through 12th grades. For high school students, available hours are Monday through Thursday from 3-5 p.m. Their staff members hold bachelor's/masters' degrees and services range from homework help to SAT/ACT and college prep. For more information, contact them at 260-745-5421.
4. Allen County Public Library, main library in Fort Wayne, offers Homework Help on Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays from 6-8 in the Teens Department. The help is for students in grades 6-12. Knowledgeable volunteers are available to assist with homework assignments int he area of math, science, social studies and language arts. Homework Help takes place int eh Teens Department on the second floor of the downtown public library. Students are asked to bring their textbook and assignment sheet.