4:00 p.m. May 24, 2019
University of Saint Francis Robert Goldstine Performing Arts Center, 431 W Berry St, Downtown Fort Wayne
You may order up to 13 reserved seats (free of charge) for graduation online at https://tickets.artstix.org > Bishop Luers Graduation 2019 or you may call the Artstix Community Box Office directly at 260-422-4226 from Noon - 6pm Monday through Friday. You must have the personal Control Code and Redemption/Security Code that was emailed to each individual senior parent on 4/10/2019.
- At the time of the email, the system was only allowing 10 seats, but this should be rectified soon.
- You will need to create an account with ArtTix to complete the order online.
- You will need to answer the question "How did you hear about us" and check the terms & conditions box to confirm & process the order.
- If you are getting a message stating your code has already been used, then more than likely, your already have seats in your cart. Just click on the cart to continue.
- If you were only allowed to initially reserve 10 seats, you should still be able to go back in and reserve 3 more seats with the same codes.
C L A S S O F 2 0 1 9
Four years of high school are quickly ending. You have worked hard and now it is time to move forward. We complete this school year with many special activities for the Class of 2019. The following information is intended as a guide for preparing for these activities.
Our graduation ceremony will once again be held at the University of Saint Francis Robert Goldstine Performing Arts Center at 431 E. Main St. (formally the Scottish Rite).
Following are some important dates:
Deadline for School Obligations – May 15
- Diocesan policy states all tuition, fees, etc. must be paid in full for a student to graduate.
Senior Scholarship Recognition Form – May 15
- IF you want your senior recognized for any merit-based scholarships, including athletic, fill out the “We Are Proud of Our Seniors” form and turned into Mrs. North in room 144.
Deadline to Reserve Graduation Ceremony Tickets – May 16
- Deadline to reserve up to 13 tickets online for the graduation ceremony – more information on how to reserve your tickets coming soon!
Senior Mass – May 16
- Thursday at 9:30 am in BLHS Gymnasium.
- Senior Mass is led by the senior class with the help of the faculty.
- Seniors are encouraged to dress up for this special day. This is still considered a school day - please refer the school handbook for appropriate dress up attire.
- Families are invited to attend.
- Senior slide show will be presented afterwards; if time permits.
Senior Awards Ceremony – May 19
- Sunday at 6:30 pm in BLHS Gymnasium – families are invited to attend.
- All year end senior awards and participation certificates will be presented at this event.
- A light reception will be served following the presentation of the traditional senior slide show.
Finals – May 21-23
Senior Lunch & Graduation Rehearsal – May 22
- All seniors report to the Cafeteria immediately after last final for lunch from 11:00-12:10 pm.
- At 12:15 pm seniors will be bussed to the Robert Goldstine Auditorium at USF for a mandatory graduation rehearsal at 12:30 pm. This should take approximately 1.5 hours.
Cap & Gown Distribution – May 23
- Distribution AFTER the last final of the day. (All tuition, fees, etc. must be paid in full for a student to receive his/her cap & gown.) Contact the Business Office at 260-456-1261 x3027 if your student did not receive it.
Baccalaureate Mass / Graduation – May 24
- Baccalaureate Mass is Friday, May 24, 2019. Seniors report to the Cathedral Center at 9:30am in caps and gowns (gentlemen are to remove the caps upon entering the Cathedral.)
- Mass begins at 10:00am at the Cathedral, 1102 S Clinton St, in downtown Fort Wayne.
- Please keep in mind that this is a formal ceremony. The same attire for the Baccalaureate Mass at the Cathedral will be expected at the Commencement Ceremony.
Dress for Graduates:
Proper Dress for Young Men: plain dark dress slacks or khaki slacks, dress shirt & tie, dress shoes (no sandals, flip flops or tennis/gym shoes). No casual clothes such as blue jeans, shorts, and t-shirts. The gown should remain on throughout the ceremony.
Proper Dress of Young Women: dress or skirt and blouse; dress slacks or pant suit; dress shoes (no tennis/gym shoes or flip flops – dress sandals only). No casual clothes such as blue jeans, shorts, and t-shirts. The gown should remain on throughout the ceremony.
- Graduation is Friday, May 24, 2019 at 4:00 pm at University of Saint Francis Robert Goldstine Performing Arts Center at 431 E. Main St. (formally the Scottish Rite). Tickets are required (more information about our new online ticketing system to be announced soon by email.)
- Caps/gowns & tassels are included in your senior fees and have already been ordered based on the information the student provided regarding their height & weight. It is highly recommended to stitch the tassel to the caps AND put your name on the inside as to not lose them during the ceremonial “hats off”. IF you are worried about not receiving your cap back, then do not throw them in the air! We will not have any extras afterwards. NOTE: NO decorations are allowed on the caps or gowns – we will check and confiscate prior to walking across the stage.
- Graduates arrive with cap & gown by 3:15 pm for attendance in the basement.
- Doors open to the public at 3:30 pm.
- After the ceremony, graduates will recess outside to the front of the building to be met by family and friends. The street will be closed.
- USF is currently working on a standard parking policy. As of this moment, the parking gates may be down upon entering the USF parking lot. You will be required to have your ticket validated before exiting the parking lot, otherwise you will need to pay when leaving. This is subject to change before the ceremony. Another note about parking: Do Not Park in the old Perfection Bakeries/Aunt Millie’s Bakeries parking lot or the surrounding apartment building lots – you WILL BE TOWED.