The English Department has assigned the following books for summer reading. Click on the highlighted link for the study guide.
Assignments are due the first day of school unless noted in the assignment.
Academic English 9 and English 9 - That Was Then, This Was Now by S. E. Hinton
Honors 9 will read Goodnight, Mr. Tom by Michelle Magorian and The Hiding Place by Corrie Ten Boom
Academic English 10 will read Tuesdays with Morrie by Mitch Aldom
English 10 will read Feed by M. T. Anderson
Honors English 10 will read any two of the following three:
- The Killer Angels – Michael Shaara
- Flowers for Algernon – Daniel Keyes
- Tuesdays with Morrie – Mitch Aldom
Academic English 11 will read The Glass Castle by Jeannette Walls
AP Language and Composition will read
- The Glass Castle
- The Narrative of the Life of Frederick Douglas, An American Slave by Frederick Douglas
Academic English 12 will read I Am The Messenger by Mark Zusak
AP Literature and Composition will read
- The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Nighttime by Mark Haddon
- A Lesson Before Dying by Ernest Gaines
Enrichment activities will be posted by July 1.