Bishop Luers High School’s Academic Super Bowl teams were recently named in the Senior Division Top 10 Overall Teams in Class 3-A by the Indiana Academic Super Bowl. The ranking was based on the cumulative score of all six rounds at the area competition and unrelated to the state championship awards. Bishop Luers is the only high school recognized in northeast Indiana.
The Bishop Luers Academic Super Bowl teams had a strong showing in state competition at Purdue University on May 5. Social studies took third. English took fourth.
Bishop Luers High School won first place overall for Class 3 on April 17 at the Academic Super Bowl area meet at Leo High School.
Congratulations to the teams:
- Fine arts team: Kyra Zwick, Alejandra Palma and Grace Bryant.
- Social studies team: Adam Veldman, Mary Braun and Rachel Notter.
- English team: Margaret Cicchiello, Mary Cicchiello, Rachel Notter, Ellie Goeglein and Maria Renner.
- Science team: Paul Braun, Garrett Scheiber and Erin Stuczynski.
- Interdisciplinary team: Adam Veldman, Paul Braun, Lily Shafer, Margaret Cicchiello, Rachel Notter and Noah Brown.
- Math team: Noah Brown, Faith Vandermeir, Megan Gilpin, Sara Quinn and Lily Shafer.