- About Luers
- Important Dates
- Campus Ministry
- Application for Admission
- Faculty & Staff
- Financial Information
- Parent Ambassadors
- School Voucher Program
- School Handbook
- Teacher Websites
- Indiana Department of Education
It's not just a motto. Luers Spirit is something you can feel. Our goal is to help students develop spiritually, academically, and socially.
Our graduates include a large number of successful professionals and business owners, and many more become leaders in their communities all across America. In this way, the true meaning of Luers Spirit reaches far beyond our family of graduates.
Our commitment to Luers Spirit has produced an impressive graduation rate, remarkable record of athletic achievement, and a safe and socially rewarding student experience.
Please plan a visit to our school and experience our Luers Spirit firsthand.
For further information - please contact.
Director of Admissions
Director of Public Relations
At Bishop Luers High School, we welcome 8th graders and current high school students interested in transferring to spend a day shadowing a Luers student. This is a wonderful opportunity for your student to experience a typical school day at Bishop Luers, and truly understand our academic atmosphere.
Arrangements for shadowing should be made by a parent or guardian at least two days in advance by calling Jenny Andorfer, Director of Admissions at (260)456-1261 ext. 3141.
Visiting students can request a particular Luers student to shadow or will be matched with a student who has similar interests. The student chosen is subject to approval.
Bishop Luers dress code should be followed. The visiting student should wear khaki, black or navy pants, with any color collared shirt (polo shirt) that can be tucked in. No sandals or flip flops can be worn; shoes need to have enclosed toes with no open backs (gym shoes are fine).
For more information, call or email Jenny Andorfer, Director of Admissions.
- Freshman Registration for the 2013-2014 school year is ongoing by appointment; however financial aid applications must completed by April 30, 2013 in order to qualify. A student must be registered prior to receiving a financial aid application. The registration fee of $120.00 must be paid at the time of registration.
- Indiana law requires a school to conduct a lottery process in the event that a grade reaches its capacity. Since we are nearing the capacity of 180 students in the incoming freshman class, Bishop Luers’ lottery date has been set for March 1, 2013. Any students who wish to enroll after the 180 student cap has been reached will be placed on a waiting list.
- Upperclassman transfer registration begins in February for 2012 - 2013 school year. Transcripts from current school should be submitted with a Bishop Luers application, which will be reviewed by our principal before granting admission. The registration fee of $120.00 must be paid with the application.
March 12, 2013 1:00-4:00 P.M.
March 13, 2013 4:00-8:00 P.M.
March 16, 2013 9:00 A.M. till Noon.
Important Facts for Parents
- Current enrollment: 597 students.
- Student/Teacher Ratio: 17-1.
- Teachers with Master's Degree: 56%.
- Average years of teaching experience: 15 years
- College bound students: 96% in 2012.
- Graduation Rate: 100% in 2012.
- 2011 Academic Honors Diplomas conferred: 42%
- Racial/Ethnic Minorities: 26%
- Non-Catholic Students: 24%
- Bishop Luers graduates now seminarians: 4
- Fully accredited by the North Central Educators Association.